Software Developer Information and Specifications
Specifications are provided for developers of software for electronically filing tax returns. This information is for:
- Commercial software vendors to create software for approval by the Department.
- Companies to develop in-house software applications for direct electronic filing of their tax returns.
- The Department is migrating its XML schemas and specifications to the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange
System. For further information, see each tax section below.
- Corporate Income Tax
- TY2021 specifications are now available on the State Exchange System.
- Assurance Testing System (ATS) support is provided starting October 2021 ending March 2022.
- Sales and Use Tax
- Specifications for 2021 are now available below.
All software developers must complete a Software Development Application
For information about developing filing software, contact the Business Technology Office at
email@example.com. If you are an authorized vendor, please include your software ID.
Communications Services Tax
Corporate Income Tax
- Corporate Income Tax specifications are available through the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) State Exchange System (SES). For access to
the Florida development folders, you must submit the Software Development Application
) on an annual basis for each tax year.
Insurance Premium Tax
Motor Fuel Tax
Sales and Use Tax, Solid Waste Surcharge and/or E911 Fee